Home windows 11 is lastly right here and brings many adjustments and enhancements to enhance the expertise for the end-users.
Nonetheless, not the whole lot about Microsoft’s newest desktop working system is ideal. Because the system is relatively new, a couple of bugs would possibly trigger points for some customers.
Additionally, since not all third-party apps/software program are optimized for Home windows 11, it might result in an disagreeable expertise for the person. That is the place Secure Mode comes into play.
A whole lot of these points will be simply solved utilizing the Secure Mode. Allow us to take a look at how one can boot your PC in Secure Mode on Home windows 11.
However earlier than having an in depth take a look at these steps, allow us to first perceive what secure mode means.
What’s Home windows 11 Secure Mode?
Mainly, Secure Mode is a diagnostic mode that allows customers to repair some points with Home windows rapidly. Moreover, secure mode disables all of the third-party functions leaving entry to solely core Home windows 11 apps and information saved on disk.
How is this handy then? There will be cases when we face some points with Home windows and are unable to seek out the only motive for it. The issue can happen resulting from some third-party software program, and by booting into secure mode, one can test if it’s the software program inflicting the difficulty or if one thing else is unsuitable.
There are a number of methods in addition into Secure Mode on Home windows 11:
1. Boot into Secure Mode from Boot Tab
In Home windows 10, getting into the secure mode was as straightforward as simply urgent the F8 key repeatedly throughout reboot. Nonetheless, Microsoft eliminated this characteristic with Home windows 11.
Microsoft launched a characteristic, “Automated failover,” through which the PC robotically enters the superior bootup display screen if the PC fails in addition twice in a row. Nonetheless, one can enter the mode manually as properly.
All it’s good to do is press the facility button twice as quickly as you see the producer’s display screen twice. Repeating this course of twice ought to assist you to boot into secure mode with ease.
2. Boot into Secure Mode from the Begin Menu
The best and quickest option to secure boot is by utilizing the beginning menu. Allow us to take a look.
- Launch the beginning menu utilizing the Home windows key on the keyboard and click on on the facility menu.
- Right here, maintain the shift key on the keyboard and click on on restart concurrently. It’s important to carry the shift key, or the PC will restart usually as an alternative of booting in secure mode.
- After this, the pc will restart, and you’ll be greeted with a blue display screen. Right here with out getting confused by the variety of choices, select the troubleshoot possibility.
- Underneath troubleshoot, click on on the superior begin menu possibility.
- In superior choices, search for the startup settings possibility and click on on it.
- After clicking on it, you will notice a number of choices. Hit the restart button within the decrease proper nook.
- As soon as the PC restarts, you will notice 9 totally different choices.
- For booting in secure mode, press 5 on Numpad. If you wish to boot in secure mode with networking, press 6, and equally, if you wish to boot in secure mode with a command immediate, press 7 on the Numpad.
- The PC will restart for one final time, and you need to enter into Secure mode with ease.
3. Boot into Secure Mode from the Settings
Alternatively, you can even boot into the superior begin menu utilizing the Home windows settings app. So let’s test that out.
- Open Home windows settings and navigate to the System tab.
- Underneath the system tab, scroll down till you discover the restoration possibility.
- Now faucet on “Restoration” and search for the superior startup possibility.
- As soon as completed, click on on restart. A pop-up window will seem saying save your unsaved work. Right here click on on restart once more.
- You will notice a blue display screen. Navigate to Troubleshoot, then superior choices, and hit restart.
- After the pc restarts, press 5 on Numpad for secure mode, press 6 for secure mode with networking, and press 7 if you would like secure mode with a command immediate.
FAQs on Booting into Home windows 11 Secure Mode
1. Learn how to exit secure mode on Home windows 11?
Exiting Secure mode is extraordinarily straightforward on Home windows 11. The following time you restart or shut down your PC, it should robotically exit the secure mode with out you needing to observe any extra steps.
2. Can I roll again to Home windows 10 from Home windows 11?
Sure, for certain you possibly can. However make certain to carry out a backup as all of your information might get wiped within the course of. We now have already coated an in depth information on how one can roll again to home windows 10. You can provide it a learn right here.
3. Learn how to exit the Superior Begin menu with out booting into secure mode?
Should you occur to enter the superior begin menu by mistake, simply click on on exit and proceed to Home windows 11 whereas on the blue display screen, and it’ll boot into Home windows 11 usually.
4. Learn how to repair a pc that begins solely in Secure Mode?
There will be a number of causes as to why the PC restarts solely in Secure mode. The principle perpetrator is a few third-party utility hampering the method. After getting botted in secure mode, attempt to uninstall any just lately put in app, which could trigger points.
Should you nonetheless face points, a clear flash is important. You may seek advice from this information for downloading and clear putting in Home windows 11 in your PC.
5. What are the several types of Secure Modes on Home windows 11?
Home windows 11 gives three variations of Secure Mode. Relying on the diagnostic objective, customers can choose one in all these variations.
- The most typical mode is the Secure Mode. If this feature is enabled, you’ll solely have entry to the fundamental desktop interface of Home windows 11, so you possibly can entry vital information and paperwork, optimize drivers, and many others. Should you suspect that you’re contaminated with malware, this mode is good to get entry to information. No community connection is required.
- Secure Mode with Networking is identical as Secure Mode, however it additionally permits networking. In case you are making an attempt to diagnose issues or get well information, this mode just isn’t secure as a result of it nonetheless permits hackers to entry your PC over the Web.
- Earlier than getting into Secure Mode with Command Immediate, ensure you know use Command Immediate. The Command Immediate opens and you may kind instructions utilizing the outdated acquainted DOS instructions to seek out out what’s unsuitable with the working system. You might be much less reliant on a visible interface.