Wish to delete a Gmail account that’s bombarded with spam emails and promotions? Or are you planning to modify to a brand new electronic mail service aside from Gmail? Fear not as in both case, deleting a Gmail account is a reasonably simple and easy course of.
Nevertheless, as soon as the Gmail account is deleted, you’ll lose entry to all emails and attachments in that account.
With that out of the best way, allow us to take a look on the steps to delete your Gmail account.
Steps to delete Gmail account from PC
- Open Browser and go to Google.com
- Now, check in with the Gmail account you wish to delete. If you’re already logged in, you’ll be able to skip this step.
- As soon as you’re logged in, click on in your profile within the display screen’s upper-right nook.
- Choose ” Handle your Google Account. ”
- Right here, hit Knowledge and Privateness from the drop-down listing in the direction of the left of the display screen.
- As soon as accomplished, hold scrolling down till you see the Obtain or delete your information tab.
- Select Delete a Google service. Right here it’s going to immediate you to enter your Google Account password for safety causes. Furthermore, you might also require a verification code based mostly in your Google safety settings.
- After logging in, you will notice completely different Google companies below one roof.
- However earlier than you make your Google account extinct, you’ve the choice to obtain and save all of your information to stop information loss even after deleting your Gmail account.
- That stated, it’s not necessary to obtain information earlier than deleting it, so it’s a matter of full private desire.
- Coming again to deleting Gmail account. Hit the trash icon subsequent to the Gmail emblem.
- As soon as accomplished, a brand new pop-up window will seem, prompting you to enter another electronic mail tackle.
- Many customers may wish to delete solely their Gmail account and proceed to make use of different Google companies like Docs or Google Drive, as an example. In such circumstances, that you must have an alternate electronic mail tackle since, technically, you’re about to delete the Gmail inked to those companies.
- Coming into an alternate electronic mail tackle is necessary as Google sends the hyperlink to delete the Gmail account on that electronic mail ID.
- Log in with the alternate account, and you need to obtain a mail from Google consisting of a hyperlink to delete the Google account.
- Merely open the hyperlink and ensure the immediate stating Sure, I wish to delete my Gmail account.
- It ought to now efficiently delete the Gmail account out of your gadget and life eternally.
Steps to delete Gmail account out of your Android Smartphone
Customers may also delete their Gmail account instantly from their Android smartphones. The e-mail deletion course of stays roughly just like that on a PC however with a couple of tweaks, so allow us to take a look.
- Launch the Google app in your smartphone and click on in your profile.
- Choose Handle your Google account.
- Swipe to the correct, and click on on the information and privateness tab.
- Scroll down till you see the Obtain or delete information tab. Choose Delete a Google Service.
- Right here, you’ll have an choice to obtain all your Gmail earlier than you go forward and pull the set off for deleting your Gmail account.
- As soon as accomplished, click on on the trash icon subsequent to Gmail and enter another electronic mail ID.
- Google wants an alternate mail ID to maintain different Google companies like Docs energetic and sends the hyperlink to delete the Gmail account on the alternate account.
- Log in together with your alternate mail ID, and you need to see a verification electronic mail from Google.
- Open the hyperlink within the mail and ensure the message saying Sure, I wish to delete my Gmail account.
- After confirming the immediate, your Gmail account ought to now get deleted.
Tips on how to delete a Gmail account on iPhone
The method of deleting your Gmail account on an iOS gadget is just like that on a desktop laptop. Due to this fact, we are going to cowl solely the primary steps. You’ll be able to both do that from the Gmail app or the online browser. Following the deletion, the final steps are the identical because the desktop information.
- Press the hamburger menu on the top-left of the Gmail app and scroll right down to Settings. Discover the account you wish to delete and faucet it.
- Faucet “Handle your Google Account.”
- After choosing “Knowledge & Privateness,” select “Delete a Google Service,” after which click on “Delete a service.”
- Choose Gmail out of your listing of Google companies and faucet the trash can icon. Take away your Gmail account by following the directions. It’s also possible to discover these directions in our desktop part above.
Issues to contemplate earlier than deleting a Gmail account
As you might need seen from the information above, deleting a Google Suite account (or Gmail account) isn’t too powerful. However there are some things you need to take into account earlier than you really go forward.
- Deleting a Gmail account is full and ultimate (except you modify your thoughts quickly sufficient, extra on that in FAQ part beneath). All of your electronic mail and account data are erased completely, and also you gained’t be capable to ship or obtain any electronic mail from that Gmail tackle.
- When you delete a Gmail account, you or anybody else gained’t be capable to select the identical username ever once more.
- When you adopted our steps and deleted simply the Gmail account, your Google account will keep intact. That features different issues like YouTube, Google One, and so forth.
- Attempt to keep in mind when you have used/linked this Gmail tackle with every other accounts. If in case you have, you gained’t be capable to retrieve password or show your possession as soon as your Gmail account is deleted.
- As soon as you’re 100% sure that you simply don’t wish to retain your Gmail account, you’ll be able to go forward and obtain all of your emails utilizing Google Takeout.
Delete your Gmail Account with ease
Utilizing the steps we shared above, you’ll be able to rapidly delete your Gmail account. However as we talked about earlier, deleting the Gmail account will end in shedding the whole information saved on Gmail, together with attachments.
Tell us within the feedback beneath should you may efficiently delete your Gmail account.
Incessantly Requested Questions
Backing up a Gmail account is a reasonably easy course of. We now have already coated 5 simple methods to backup a Gmail account. This consists of utilizing Google Takeout, forwarding to a different mail service, utilizing third-party Gmail backup utilities and extra.
Thankfully, sure, you’ll be able to recuperate a deleted Gmail account however provided that it has been deleted not too long ago.
- Go to the Google Recovery page and enter your electronic mail tackle.
- It is throughout should you obtain the message that such an account does not exist. Having stated that, should you keep in mind the final password of your Gmail account, you are in luck!
- A hit message ought to seem should you entered the right password. Now you can proceed to your Google account.
- You will discover “Google Apps” on the top-right, subsequent to the Google Account icon. Choose “Gmail”, enter your telephone quantity (for verification), and click on “Submit.”
- You’ll be able to select the way you wish to confirm. By SMS or by telephone.
- Enter the verification code and bingo! You bought your electronic mail account again.
Mail despatched to your outdated Gmail tackle might be returned with a supply failure message. You may wish to notify your contacts a couple of new or alternate outdated tackle.
Sure, you should use both the Gmail app or the cellular browser to delete a Gmail tackle. And this holds true for each iPhone and Android telephones. Yow will discover the detailed step-by-step information for each on this article above.
Sure, deleting a Google account will delete Gmail, YouTube, Google One, and all different companies that are related to that individual Google account. Nevertheless, should you delete simply the Gmail account, your Google account and the remainder of the Google companies will keep intact.
“name”: “1. How to backup a Gmail account?”,
“text”: “Backing up a Gmail account is a pretty simple process. We have already covered five easy ways to backup a Gmail account. This includes using Google Takeout, forwarding to another mail service, using third-party Gmail backup utilities and more.”
“name”: “2. Can you recover a deleted Gmail account?”,
“text”: “Fortunately, yes, you can recover a deleted Gmail account but only if it has been deleted recently.
Visit the Google Recovery page and enter your email address.
It's all over if you receive the message that such an account doesn't exist. Having said that, if you remember the last password of your Gmail account, you're in luck!
A success message should appear if you entered the correct password. You can now proceed to your Google account.
You'll find "Google Apps" at the top-right, next to the Google Account icon. Select "Gmail", enter your phone number (for verification), and click "Submit."
You can choose how you want to verify. By SMS or by phone.
Enter the verification code and bingo! You got your email account back.”
“name”: “3. What happens when you delete your Gmail account?”,
“text”: “Mail sent to your old Gmail address will be returned with a delivery failure message. You might want to notify your contacts about a new or alternate old address.”
“name”: “4. Can you delete a Gmail account on mobile?”,
“text”: “Yes, you can use either the Gmail app or the mobile browser to delete a Gmail address. And this holds true for both iPhone and Android phones. You can find the detailed step-by-step guide for both in this article above.”
“name”: “5. Does deleting Google account delete Gmail?”,
“text”: “Yes, deleting a Google account will delete Gmail, YouTube, Google One, and all other services which are associated with that particular Google account. However, if you delete just the Gmail account, your Google account and the rest of the Google services will stay intact.”